NOTES FOR APPLICANTS FOR MONGOLIAN VISA
First, please check this list to see whether or not you require a visa to enter Mongolia.
If you do require a visa, you may request a visa either on entry into Mongolia at Ulaanbaatar airport, or else via a Mongolian consulate in your country.
A. If you would like to obtain your visa at Ulaanbaatar airport, you need to submit the following items on arrival:
1. A clear photocopy of your passport, showing name, date, passport no, date of delivery and expiry etc.
2. One passport photo
3. Your visa fee. Note that fees are not the same for all nationalities. One or another of the links provided below may enable you to determine the sum you are required to pay.
B. If you would like to obtain your visa from a Mongolian consulate in your country prior to departure:
1. Wait until you have received your letter of invitation from the Mongolian Academy of Science to attend the Thirteenth Seminar of the IATS:
3. Complete the visa request form for the Mongolian Academy of Science.
4. Please send the following documents by email to the Mongolian Academy of Science at: firstname.lastname@example.org
a. Your completed visa application form, with a passport photo (scanned)
b. Your visa request form (Word file)
c. A clear scan of your passport, showing name, date, passport no, date of delivery and expiry etc.
5. When you have received email notification from the Mongolian Academy of Science that your visa has been granted, take your passport with you to the consulate in order to receive the visa document and to pay the fee.
Here is a list of helpful links that may help you to obtain supplementary informaton
1. List of Mongolian embassies, missions and consuls abroad (This website is in Mongolian, but addresses are given in the respective languages of the countries concerned)
3. List of Honorary Consuls (some with websites)